Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby! We look forward to photographing your little one and preserving your family’s legacy.
Here are some VERY IMPORTANT things to do to ensure a successful newborn session.
- Please do your very best to keep your baby AWAKE for 2-3 hours before your session. This is VERY important. I know it is hard but please try. Without this, we spend too much time getting them to sleep and not enough time photographing them. Give your baby a bath. If need be, keep them naked or use some ice (intermittently, not too much) or a cold cloth on bottom of baby’s feet. These are few things that will help. We can get the most amazing images if your baby sleeps for the session.
- Please bring a bottle of formula or breast milk as well as a pacifier should we need it. We understand that many mothers are trying to avoid the pacifier during this critical time of learning to breast feed, however, we need to use it if absolutely necessary. This reason is to avoid contact with mommy as much as possible while we are in the rhythm of the session. Babies can smell mom and hear her voice. This triggers the instinct to feed and can be quite a distraction for the little newborn. Using a bottle or pacifier helps us maintain the fluidity of the session by helping baby settle easier. We will only use it as a last resort to soothe a fussy baby. If you are adamantly against a pacifier or a bottle, please let us know and we will accommodate your needs.
- DO NOT CIRCUMCISE your baby boy before your session. We will be wrapping him tightly while naked and will be moving him between poses which can be extremely painful with a raw circumcision. We will NOT photograph a newborn boy who has been circumcised less than 6 days prior to the session.
- If you are breast feeding, avoid eating anything spicy or gas inducing. (i.e.; pizza, spicy sauces, Thai food, garlic, broccoli, high fat, etc.) that may upset the baby’s tummy for 24 hours preceding your scheduled session.
- You will be feeding your baby a FULL feeding when you arrive at the studio so please schedule your baby’s day accordingly for this.
- For parent and sibling shots, please wear solid colored shirts with no distracting logos or writing. Something that will match the décor in your home.
“I’ll love your forever,
I’ll like you for always,
As long as I’m Living,
My baby you’ll be.